The chapter will host a Hot Chocolate Social on February 10th at from 4:30 – 5:30 pm. New candidates are invited to meet current members and officers of the honor society, and to learn more about the organization. This is an optional, informal event.
Criteria for membership is rigorous:
- a declared major, concentration or minor in Chinese, Italian, French or Spanish
- the completion of 45 semester hours or its equivalent (second-semester sophomore)
- a GPA of 3.0 or higher overall
- a GPA of 3.5 in language courses
- the completion at least one course at the advanced level (305 or higher)
- rank in the upper 35% of graduating class